Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Beach House

I am reading a wonderful novel called "The Beach House" by Jane Green. It is the perfect summer read as it takes place in Nantucket during the summer months. It is a boarding house opened up to summer guests, because the eccentric owner is in financial trouble. The guests each have something turbulent going on in their lives that has sent them here to gather their thoughts and figure things out. Nan is the eccentric homeowner that loves mothering her guests and making them feel special. It is a fun and quick read. Perfect for those lazy afternoons, or any spare moment you can muster up. I just love  to share a good book. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one. I have just started making a list of books recommended by bloggers as I can never remember the names unless I wrie them down
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book recommendations. When I've finished my current one (I'm reading The Book Thief - I like it, very original!) I shall look out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh thanks for the reccomendation! We're going on vacation at the end of July and I need to start a list of books I want to read while there- so THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!