Monday, June 28, 2010

Come sit for a bit and share

“There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all”-Anonymous

I sincerely wish that I could have all of you over for some refreshments, maybe a game of croquet, badminton, volleyball, bocce, or to play cards or a board game or to just sit around and chat. It would be so much fun to meet you and to learn more about you and to find out what journeys you have been on and what adventures lie in your future. Where your dream vacation would take place. What you always wanted to be when you grew up and how you might still get there.
We could talk about our favorite authors, movies, what makes our hearts fill with joy. Places we want to go, things we want to do, etc.  We could plant a friendship garden, where everyone brings something from their own garden for each person. Wouldn't that be so much fun! Each year everyone would have a wonderful reminder of the day we spent together and the friendships we made. Maybe exchange home and blog addresses to keep in touch and send a trinket now and then to brighten up someone's day. Come sit for a bit and share.  Here's something about me that you may not know: My husband and I are getting ready for our next adventure. Kinda' like the next chapter in our lives. Both kids will be gone and he just got laid off from work after 23 years so we are free to pick up and move to wherever we want to.  We have no family here so we have no ties. So your turn...

8 comments:

  1. Awwww this is so sweet! I would love to do the same. I'd love to meet all of my blogger friends in person and especially meet my team at IA. Maybe one day we could arrange a meeting in a central location.
    Good luck with your new chapter in life. I'm sure it will be exciting whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be wonderful to get to know all the people we share a little bit of ourselves with.
    Your next adventure sounds like one that might be a bit scary but also a little exciting at the same time. I've often thought how nice it would be to just pick up and go to a new town where no one knows me and start all over. Then of course there is also the dream about earning a living doing the things I enjoy the most, such as my crafts and my amateur photography. Dreams are so wonderful aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be wonderful to put real faces to Blog Names, Tammy. I'd be over in a dash for a cuppa. The world is open to whatever adventure you and your husband choose to follow. Set your own parameters. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy what an exciting time of your lives. Hop on a plane and come visit us here in Australia, you would love it. There are so many Aussie blog girls you could visit
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat post, I'd love to come plant a friendship garden with you! And, I love the positive spin you're putting on your situation- a lot of times, all it takes is a positive attitude to change something potentially scary into something exciting. Kudos to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post - when I've visited your blog Tammy I always come away feeling happier :)

    I wish you every happiness and the best of luck in your new adventure.

    I don't have any imminent adventures planned right now, but then again who knows what's round the corner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wouldn't that be fun! *sigh* At least we have our cyberworld friendships, which is much better than not having ever known each other:D Who knows, one day maybe we will meet up and have a girl's day out and giggle and chat all the day long!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!