Saturday, November 6, 2010

A fair to remember

The Coastal Carolina Fair came to town and of course we had to go see what it was like. Well let me tell ya it was a lot of fun. I had fun snapping photos. The carousel was so ornate and just gorgeous! It was really red, white and gold with lots of pretty embellishments. I played with the colors in this next one.

We had so much fun. We watched a hypnotist. That was hysterical. Those poor volunteers if they only knew. They danced and acted bratty and sang and fell asleep and all sorts of things. It was so interesting to watch. And talk about colorful! Wow! It was like sensory overload. I can imagine how spectacular it must have been to little ones looking up at all of these big colorful prizes that they could take home. Oh I love the ! It used to be roller coasters when I was a teenager but now that I know that I am not invincible, I enjoy the more mellow rides.lol This one was so beautiful. I tweaked the colors in the second one. I love how it came out. It looks as magical as it feels slowly spinning around up there.
These paper lanterns were all around the perimeter of the tent we ate in.There was every type of food you could imagine. Well nearly. I had teriyaki chicken on a skewer over rice. Yum! This was the most healthy fare I could find to eat. Of course before we left I had to choose between a caramel apple or a funnel cake. hmmm...tough choice. Well I had to go with the funnel cake because I had not had one in a couple of years and they are so yummy. I know, I know they're so fattening too, but you know what, you only get to go to the fair once a year and it's something to look forward to, right?. Click on the words funnel cake highlighted above and find an easy recipe to make your own.

Photo courtesy of Friends Eat

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I managed to delete all of these comments when trying to get rid of anonymous spam. =( Woops. Darnit! Sorry ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!