Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy Bee

This past weekend I got busy outside doing some weeding and painting.
Okay, so I do know how to sew but let me just begin with my sewing machine in it's case is buried in my craft room and I didn't feel like dealing with it so instead I used this cool tape you can buy at any sewing center/Joanns/ Walmart, etc. and all you have to do is crease the fabric at the hem and then put the rough side up inside the crease and press. Voila! I made a guick no sew tablecloth for my front porch table, as I could not find one that I liked in my color scheme. So there you have it. Two ends hemmed with the tape and the sides were already finished so it can't get much more simple than that folks. Maybe took me 10 minutes total.

Here we have 8 window boxes that were looking like they needed a little pick me up so I painted them with exterior paint in Java Brown. Yum! Makes me want some coffee now.

Here they are in all their glory. Yes, the pots were simply sat in there for the tme being so I could snap the photo for you all. I just bought 10 more pots of flowers to add to them. Well mom bought me 8 and I bought 2 more. She's so sweet! Came to visit me for 2 days.

Okay so I love Craigs List for buying and selling furniture. I know kind of a scarey place right now but I got this desk for $15. Woohoo! I know it's very loud. Trust me though, it's going to be great.
So, I painted the legs, sides and the drawer black and now I need my DH to help me lift the new top onto it. The one on it is in perfect condition but it is a tad small for my daughter to spread all of her homework out on so we will be screwing the larger top onto it and then I will paint it, also. I was thinking of doing some fun border on it or writing in cursive in french or something on it like I've seen in Ballard Designs. I love them! They have such wonderful decor but a tad pricey with the shipping.
By the end of the day, I came in got a shower, and went out to the garden to cut some lettuce for a salad and we had steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and salad. Oh and I enjoyed a glass of wine while I was preparing our meal. The perfect ending to a very busy day.
Hope you are having a lovely week. I am lookng forward to tomorrow. TGIF! I love weekends!
Free Signature Generator

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy, I have an award for you on my blog, thank you for being you!
    Sharing all your beautiful creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done so much, you inspire me to get moving! That desk is great, I'd love to see a finished picture of it. You deserved that glass of wine. Have a great weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous projects! Oh and I love that red nail polish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done anything on Craig's list. We've listed our house on there - would LOVE to sing the praises of Craig's List because our house sold.

    I DON'T sew at all so I would have to do a no sew table cloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower boxes look great Tammy. I look forward to seeing the finished desk.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!