Saturday, December 12, 2009

Everything's all White

We still have snow on the ground. We have about 1" of ice underneath so I expect we will have it around for awhile. It looks so pretty on the trees, doesn't it? We are keeping warm and cozy with throws, sweaters and slippers. Tomorrow we will decorate our tree and Alex and I may do some baking. Chris's (our soon to be 25 yr. old son) birthday is this coming weekend and we are going to  slip a homemade cake into a round cookie tin and send him some frosting and a few candles, as he lives in NC. That way he can celebrate it with his roommates. Have to send it out Monday as the post office said Weds. is the last day to ship to make it on time for Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. Oh..That sound so sweet. I just hope the postman wouldn't smell that. For my place, the second day on the post would be finish by the post-man. ^^

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! snow is so pretty :)) happy birthday to chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are having a nice, warm, relaxing weekend. I baked last nite and will do some each day this week. We have 5 days of school and then the Winter Break. Woo-hoo! The photo you mentioned in your comment to me with the girls on their daddy's shoulders holding hands sounds like an adorable, perfect shot! I love those kind. The gift for your son is so sweet. Happy birthday to him! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty the snow looks in your photo.
    As an Australian having Christmas in the Summer I can only imagine what it must be like for you with all that snow
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three things come to mind:

    The snow looks absolutely picture perfect!

    You have a 25 year old child?! Doesn't seem possible.

    I'll email you my address so you can get my cake in the mail by Weds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful! Here in Atlanta, it's just cold and wet....

    ReplyDelete
  7. it just looks beautiful and we have so much that I am thinking it will be a white Christmas. enjoy your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty picture, and such a cozy sounding day - snuggled up in a blanket eating home-baked cookies. Heavenly! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!