Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well, I had an awful day at work today and I felt like this little fella, Alexander. I just typed an entire paragraph describing it and realized that this is not the place for me to vent. I do not want to have any negativity here. It is art and Inspiration, so I am chilling a bottle of my favorite wine so I can relax and decompress. A bubble bath sounded so good all day but I am too tired to run one, so I am in my pj's at 4:57p and not going anywhere. I need to get copies of some photos to add to my Christmas cards for family members and, then package up 3 boxes of Christmas gifts and pop them in the mail and then return something to Kohls and you know what? I am not going to do a single one of them. Nope. I am going to get off of the computer, drink my wine, ask hubby to order a pizza or sandwiches and watch House Hunters International until he asks me to watch something else. That's it. No house work, no preparing dinner, nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. I am going to relax, period. 
If I could, I would have a huge cocktail party for all of you and we would dress in our holiday finery and laugh and tell stories and be our silly selves. Simple and elegant. How about you? I am blowing a kiss to you all. Muah!


14 comments:

  1. Girl I think you have the right idea!!! Enjoy your evening and decompress from your bad day. Why don't we have a holiday cocktail party in our pajamas? LOL!! Hugs Sweetie!! Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like you know how to take care of you and pamper yourself after a hard day! Good for you!! Just enjoy your wine, your husband, your show and tomorrow all will look much better! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reference that book title all of the time too - good for you on the chilling out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sound so relax, I mean you deserved to treat yourself better sometime.(I'll trying to pamper myself later)
    Good for you.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems it was an international bad working day, as mine was horrible too!! I just related to your feelings... Hope you´re feeling better! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think that sounds like a totally great idea!! we need to do this at least 3 times a week :)) enjoy your evening ... the worst is over :)) HUGS HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy! I can see that the bah-humbug is making its way around. I guess we all have days like that, especially this time of year when things can get so overwhelming. Wish I could be there to share the wine with you and then we could really vent! I had a telephone conversation with a voice from the past the other nite and could have really bent your ear. I try to keep my posts only on a positive note, too. Sometimes it is a good idea just to step back from all the should do's and just do what you want, even if that is nothing at all but vegging! Hope you enjoyed the evening. Pajamas are my favorite attire after hours (and all weekend long if I can help it)! HA! Blessings to you and yours, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, I hate days like that this time of year! But it sounds like you responded with the perfect antidote; pj's, comfort food, wine and tv- what could be bad about that?
    Hope today is better!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like it even better if we could all come over in our jammies and robes and drink a glass of wine....I'll bring some cheese, crackers and grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you. There are days , when I live in my jammies , if I dont have to go anywhere or see anyone. Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  11. so nice that you are taking care of yourself and soon it will all be a memory...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you had a bad day although I do love your approach to handling it! I hope today is much better!♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Work can just ruin your whole day sometimes! Good for you, that's exactly what I would have done. And things do somehow look better the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ladies for your wonderful and funny comments. I knew I could count on you all to make me smile!
    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!