Friday, December 9, 2011

Been a busy bee creating

Hi there! Wow, it's been a couple of weeks since we've visited. Sheesh where does the time go? I never wanted to be one of those people that acknowledges the older you get the quicker time seems to go by, but I'm there now and it's true. I'm sorry to say.
I have been busy making things for my poor neglected shop. Above is a wedding guest book alternative. It's a box I made that can hold 100's of my postcards.
I also will be making these table numbers in various frames. I've made these 6 to show some of the options. They're aren't over the top frou frou. They are simple and low key.
I made several of these wedding guest book alternatives, as well. I think having something pretty to display long after that special day is over is a fun idea. And I don't know about you but something in crisp white satin with lace and roses would not go with my decor or stay white in my home for that matter, so I started thinking outside the box. Well of a box, actually. Pardon the pun. I know, I know. Not funny. I couldn't help it though.
You all know that in the past I have made many wedding guest books and I do truly love making them but I thought I might try something new and a little different. I wanted to make something fun and put a twist on the traditional guest book. These are different than anything I have seen out there. The wedding day should be fun and carefree. I have more items in the works. Let me know what you think so far and if you have any fun ideas, please do share them. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Design4u
Hugs!
Tammy

14 comments:

  1. They are beautiful Tammy. I see you've been crackling!! I still can't quite get it right. Is the trick to layer it on thick or thin? What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Tammy! I love the bird's nest guest book, it's soo pretty! The number are awesome and one of my favorites as right now I seem to be fixated on numbers and letters in my own art. I love the simplicity but chic look they have. The bird is so pretty, I love the crackle effect and the blue with the brown distress is another one of my favorite things! You've definitely been productive and it's ok for me as long as I am doing things I enjoy. If I am doing things I don't like doing and time is flying that annoys me. haha!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! These are really beautifil!! Love your blog!
    Will visit again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my days!! Keys and distressing and hearts and birds and...
    * hyperventilates at the sight of such gorgeous things!*

    Tammy you have been working hard but wow it was worth it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Tammy!! that's whirlwind brilliant!! what a whole load of beautiful things you've created ... and all distressed and aged ... SUPER HEART!!!

    how have you been my fren :) thanks for coming over to my place the other day ... hope all is well with you and the family and that Christmas preps are on full swing :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your pieces are absolutly gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,dear Tammy!

    I´am so glad to hear from you:-)*
    Your creations making me SO happy,really!!!
    It's just beyond lovely what you done,it likes me SO much work,but you made it absolutely perfect!

    Wish you too amazing Christmas time!

    Love and warm hugs to you,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, all of these creations are so gorgeous! I really love how you do the aging/antiquing effects. The wedding boxes are a brilliant idea!

    Happy holidays, my friend! Thank you for popping over to my blog the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you have magic hands, Tammy.
    These are beautiful. I love the art of making a piece look old and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are amazing. Love the wedding boxes. Brilliant!

    Hope you are having a wonderful Advent Season!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tammy,
    all of your pieces are absolutely beautiful!! TFS.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending warm wishes to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas and much health and happiness for 2012.

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely are all your pieces. Just wanted to say hello and to wish you a very Happy New Year
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Art. Love the nest canvas!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!