Saturday, October 25, 2008
Creative Blogger Award
I was given this wonderful award by a new blogging friend, Lindsay. Thanks Lindsay! You are so sweet! She goes on lovely walks in her hometown in England. She shares images of quaint cottages and such. Very serene, so if you need to relax go check out her blog.
I have to list 6 things that make me happy. Hmmm...only 6?
1. Spending time with my family. I love having my son home from college on the holidays and all of us getting to enjoy one anothers company. It makes me feel like our home is complete.
2. A clean house. Not the cleaning part but when it's all done I love walking in and having it looking so nice and orderly. It relaxes me. It's such a treat.
3. I love to receive mail and emails. They make me smile. I love conversations in my etsy shop, comments on my blog and letters and packages in the mailbox or on the doorstep. It's like Christmas. I cannot believe I didn't get in on this blogging thing a long time ago. I have met so many wonderful kindred spirits here. It's been such a pleasure.
4. Our dog Chance. He is a Maltese and he is so adorable. He loves to snuggle up on my lap if I am sitting down and if I am not he will curl up nearby. He is my shadow. When I am not home, he is our daughters shadow. He whimpers when she comes home and does not pay attention to him. You can't help but love the little guy.
5. Creating and decorating. I love to be able to express myself in our home and in my artwork. When the creative muse strikes, I have to run with it. Seeing a before and after picture makes me very happy. I enjoy beautifying our surroundings.
6. Traveling. We have been fortunate to be able to explore a great deal of our United States and Aruba. Its so much fun discovering new places and learning about the local culture, shops, foods and art. I also love the architecture in various places. Photographing these travels is so much fun. My kids think I'm nuts always carrying my camera but I have to tell you it is nice being able to reminisce.
So there you have it. Hope you haven't dozed off yet. I am to send this on to 6 creative bloggers. hmmm...this will be way harder than choosing 6 things that make me happy because all of you are creative bloggers. Oy...Okay I am selecting: Dawn of Feathered Nest, Jessi of Scrappy Jessi, M.Kate of La Vie Est Belle, Sandy Michelle, Sharon of Manamoon, and Sherry of Esprit d'Art If you get a chance check out these wonderful blogs.
Tomorrow I will post some pics of my mayhem of a workroom. Yikes. No cleaning first, because I am in the middle of a crafting frenzy and I canot let such a mundane thing like cleaning stop me in my tracks. So BEWARE! ;-D
Enjoy your Sunday,