Thursday, March 18, 2010

Signs of spring are all around

 The first sign of spring for me is when the lovely crocus wake up and reach for the sky. They bring a smile every time I see them. Winter has had us in its grip for too long. The last few days have been gorgeous! Sunny and in the high 50's and low 60's. Have my sunroof open and sunglasses on  and loving the fresh air and sunshine. I will air out the house on Saturday. It is supposed to be mid 60's. I love to open all of the windows, and clean when the weather is this nice. Get rid of the stuffy winter air, you know?. It's like breathing new life into our home.  Every year a coworker of mine brings me in Forsythia to force inside in February. They are such a sunny yellow and really brighten up any space. You just cut and stick in water and voila you will start to see the buds open into lime green and then bright yellow.  The last image is of those lovely, highly fragranced lilacs along my driveway. They smell so good and make such pretty centerpieces. What's growing in your yard? Chubby robins are everywhere. Bird song greets you all around. It is a lovely symphony. Hope you are enjoying the nature.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't seen anything growing yet but I have a row of forsythia along one side of my house that I can't wait to see buds on. I've tried planting lilacs several times but can never get them to grow. I love the smell of those. I was just saying the other day how I couldn't wait to be able to open the windows and let some fresh air in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, i have little things poking out of the ground...all of the snow finally melted and this was revealed to me...i am so excited for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful!! We are finally having some warmer days - even in the mid-70's tomorrow and Saturday. I can hardly believe it! I'm so ready for some sun and warmth.... Enjoy your warm days!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it wonderful! I spotted some crocus and daffodils today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty in pink blog look. So lovely! Things continue to bloom around here but another dust storm has arrived and that really suffocates everything. I wish I could enjoy opening windows and airing things out but I think that season is over for us. Boo! wishing you a wonderful day. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funnily enough, your post look almost exactly like the one I'm planning for tomorrow- I guess spring is on everyone's mind! Gorgeous photos- I wish we could grow lilacs here in Georgia- but it's just too hot for them....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious photos Tammy! I love the first spring flowers there's so uplifting! We now have crocus, and some daffs just starting to peak through:)

    I've tagged you on my blog too - have a look when you get a minute :)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! The robins have been nesting here for a couple of weeks, and we have hyacinths and daffodils, but no lilacs yet. Can't wait, they're some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So absolutely beautiful!! I would love to have them growing here. Happy weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!