Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring and Summer thoughts

Look at what I found reaching for the sky this afternoon. There were about 6 of them on the side of our house. What a thrill. Just look at that little bit of sunshine. There's even a bee inside, if you look closely.  And...we had a mosquito fly in the opened door today. Yep, a mosquito already. I know I am rushing things but speaking about bees and mosquitoes has me thinking about fireflies. It is such a treat to watch them dance in the night. Aaah summertime is just around the corner. Watermelon, freshly picked corn on the cob, walking on the cool grass, swinging, listening to the evening symphony brought to us by all of the insects. Frogs, the jingle the ice cream man's truck plays, the smell of sunscreen, fresh juicy fruits, lemonade, iced tea, barbecues, flying kites, beach trip, daydreaming... 

13 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise you found today and proof that summer really is getting closer

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a sunny surprise...so pretty...!

    a welcome spring indeed!

    ciao
    carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are doing some lovely daydreaming. Those are all things we look forward to when we spend out summers in the States. Here it is just dry and dusty and too hot to venture out doors. We have mosquitoes now and one was buzzing around me all nite. Amazing the sound those little boogers can make in the silence. I did a lot of swatting and not much sleeping. Hope you are having a warm and wonderful weekend. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tammy,

    Wish you lovely,sunny weekend with a beatiful tuch of spring!!!-)*

    Smile of SUN is these flowers...

    Much love and hugs,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anything more cheering than the sweet face of a daffodil? Love it and can't wait for Spring ANS Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some wee flowers poking their heads up here too!

    It was 75 here yesterday! Weeeee!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did yours bloom before mine???
    I hope a varmite didn't eat my bulbs...that's why I pay my cat.
    Happy spring to you, pretty girl and Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! Our daffs are just starting to come out now too :)

    Wonderful to think of summer on the way, along with all those lovely things you mentioned - home made lemonade - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you see the daffodils, things just seem to speed up from there and before you know it, it's summer!

    I looked out the back window today and saw one little bright yellow bloom at the very back of the yard. I'll have to go back and check it out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally.........spring has sprung :) they can grow anywhere in my garden...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I can't wait to see bulbs begin to sprout! Here - I got nothin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, you did faaar too good a job of describing summer - can't wait!♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!