Saturday, October 15, 2011

Art and a Blog Party

I have been MIA and I am sorry. My computer is not connecting to the internet because the internal Wi-Fi switch broke off. I guess I am going to have to get a new one within this next year. Mine is in sorry shape. The space bar is broken and I have to hit it 1-2 times between words and my on/off switch broke a long time ago so my husband had to drill a hole so that I can use a toothpick and hit just the right spot to turn it on. I have not had to use any duct tape thus far so we are good there. lol They duct tape is the cure all. Men that is. At least my men. :) This is an ATC I made for a lady who challenged me to use tattered laces and trims, old book pages, script writing, Tim Holtz elements and a vintage image in a beach theme. The sand is comprised of many elements including tattered seam binding, book pages, script writing pages and grains of sand from Aruba and bits of seashells. The water is tattered rick rack, tissue paper and silver glitter to represent the sun dancing on the water. The background is a map of the Indian ocean and the Tim Holtz elements are the tag and the buckle under the ladies image and his distressed inks. I hope she likes it.

This is a September Tag. I included a quote "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face" by John Donne Such a pretty quote, don't you think?
This is a bird tag using vintage elements. Old book pages, and tattered vintage lace, along with some pretty feathers on a turquoise paper with eggs.

Inspiration Avenue Etsy Team is hosting a blog party this Sunday, October 16th. Go by and check out the fun giveaways, tutorials, art challenge and freebies HERE. It should be a fun week long party.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!