Friday, December 12, 2008

Pretty Poinsettias


Call me traditional but I just love vibrant red poinsettias. We get in all sorts of pinks, red and white and sprayed glitter blue and purples. ehhh... >.
I love the way they brighten up a room. They are poisonous to animals so you have to make sure they are up if you have a chewer or a puppy. My dog doesn't care about them but I still have them on my sofa table. Here's a listing of plants that are posionous to animals. Gotta' keep our furry family members safe, too.


4 comments:

  1. I love red and white for Christmas. Poinsettias are such a lovely gift. I buy them for my Grandma as she loves red and doesn't have a tree anymore. It makes her feel Christmassy to have a Poinsettia around and this time of year.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love them too Tammy, they're so beautiful and the colors they come in now are just gorgeous! We can't have them because of our cat but I do admire them so.

    Hope you have a beautiful weekend my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love poinsettias too! They seem to scream "Holiday" and I can't help but pick up a few each year.
    In previous years I've kept them alive longer by feeding them sugar-water, they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite gift from my mother every year is a poinsetta. She always picks a different color though. Thanks for the good information about plants. Your little Chance is so cute. I'd love to see more of him. Twyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!