Monday, July 14, 2008

Share your favorite summertime memories




Share with me some of your fondest summertime memories.
I have a few.
One is when I was 18 we floated down the Ichetucknee River in Florida with my then boyfriend, now husband and some of our friends and his brother and sister. That was so much fun. You could rent innertubes and then float down this wonderful river that has natural springs that are very cold. We would swing off of a vine into the water now and then. We placed a cooler in the middle of an extra innertube and enjoyed our lunch and beverages on the water. The river tubing took about 3 hours to go the full 6 miles. It was so relaxing and enjoyable.

When I was 5 and my mom used to make my brother and I "countries" (my brother named them that at age 4, he's 1 yr. younger than I). Basically a picnic on the steps with finger sandwiches, carrots and hot lemon pudding for dessert. Another is when I was maybe 14 and my cousins and brother and I would play flashlight tag at night and tell scary stories in the graveyard, trying to outspook the others. It was so much fun! Warped? Maybe, but that's what makes us so much fun to be with!
Tell me yours...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!