Friday, July 11, 2008



Well it was inevitable. Our basement needs to be finished off and therefore we need to find a new home for lots of furniture cast offs that have been dwelling there for some time waiting for a place to call their home. Our daughter decided to declutter her room and that meant getting rid of her tv/storage armoire, her bookcase, a bean bag chair, the storage chest and her desk and chair. Yeah, she now has a bed, dresser and nightstand in there. And a huge pile of books clothes and movies on her new found floor. My mother had lived with us for awhile and she left behind a desk and chair and a storage chest as well. Then there are the 4 stools mom bought for my front porch that we could not use and 2 counter stools I bought because they were too good of a bargain to pass up. Ahem...we have no counter for them. ;) And then there is an old wing chair that I fell in love with at a yard sale that makes you sit bolt upright, another pretty counter stool that was meant to live in the place where my antique rocking chair now lives. So you can see it is mostly furniture. It all is now on my covered front porch. So you can imagine what the neighbors are thinking. "Oh my". As Jeff Foxworthy once said," You might be a redneck if someone comes knocking on you're door to see if your having a yard sale and you're not. "

So I am off to make and post some signs so I can get up at the crack of dawn and spend a few hours being dickered with. My favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning! NOT! I would much rather be buying from a yard sale. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!