Sunday, July 27, 2008

A beautiful weekend

Wow, What a beautiful weekend we had. My mom and Rick came to town and we went to a small victorian town nearby called Bellefonte. It has mansions and victorians from 1900. It is a very charming town. We took the guys to see one of our fevorite antique shops that is 3 levels with over 100 vendors. There is something for everyone. We all walked away with something, some of us more than others. :)
There was a jazz festival going on and the park was full of people listening to the music, feeding the fish and enjoying the warm sunny afternoon under the shade of the large oak trees.
We later cooked shish kabobs on the grill and played cards and sat in the backyard shooting the breeze. It was a very pleasant day. Today, they came for breakfast before heading back to MD and then Jack and I went shopping, washed both cars, vacuumed them out, windexed and armoralled everything and now we are beat! I came in and cooked dinner and threw in some laundry and here I am chatting to you. Tomorrow I will be so proud to drive my car and it will look so nice. We have been on two vacations within the past 4 weeks and you can well imagine, the sand and wrappers and such that were everywhere. Not anymore, though!
How did you spend your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,

    It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! We were kind of mellow here...went to a rummage sale (bought nothing) got a haircut, watched a few dvds, did some weeding....wow not very exciting! Your weekend sounds much better!!

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy
    I love old pictures, a piece of history and our past and a reminder that without the past, we are not here. This picture is a real treasure and thanks so much for sharing with us. I remember growing up the hard way and looking at my children now, I doubt they can survive it if they were transported back to my childhood era. Children have it so good nowadays. Happy week and weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!