Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shwew...Glad that's over with


My alarm clock went off at 5 am this morning and I clicked snooze at least 2 times after that until the nagging began in my head. Do we really need to have this yard sale today? Of course we do, darn it. The stuff has become a permanent fixture on our front porch for 2 weeks now. Alright, alright, I struggle with myself in my mind. I'll go make some coffee. So when did our first customers show up, you ask. Well about 7:34 to be precise. We were ready at 6:30 amazingly. We were shooting for 7 am, so we did pretty darn good. Yes, I know I could have slept longer. Oh well. It is done. We only made $180. but that's okay. We still have plenty to put out for the next one. Yep, I said next one. We will probably have one in August when the college kids come back to campus. Of course it eluded us that today was the BIG art festival downtown. You know the one that everyone comes into our town for. mmm...mmm...mmm...silly us.


After we ran around pulling all of the yard sale signs down, (a pet peeve of mine is when a yard sale sign is up for a month or more after the yard sale is over and done) we treated ourselves to Dairy Queen. I had a peanut butter parfait with pecans instead and Jack had a twist cone. I am now here in the air conditioning debating cleaning the bathroom. Nah! I'm taking the rest of the day off. So what have you been up to this fine July day?


2 comments:

  1. Yard sales are hard but it's great to earn some cash! Today we longed by the baby pool..lol and had a nice bbq. I went to an Artist trrading card swap last night but was having a hard time staying awake. Tootles!

    Sand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of having a yard sale all summer. We have lots of stuff that I think we should part with, but the kids say no! I'll keep working on them...

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    annie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!