Friday, August 1, 2008

Family

Family is such a peculiar word. For each of us it conjures up different meanings and memories. Some great and some better off forgotten. What's that old adage You can pick your nose...no, that's not it, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. Yeah that's it. That's it.

This is my mom (the little girl with her hands tensed) and her parents. Now, my grandparents met in an orphanage in the early 1930's. They were born into large families and when times got tough they farmed the kids out and if there were no relatives to take them, they went to orphanages. That just seems so foreign to me. Not as in something that happens in foreign countries but just plain odd.

I cannot imagine having kids until I could no longer afford to keep them. How could a parent decide? Well, okay there's always a chance you could end up with a brat, but hey they usually grow out of it, right? lol It's just a phase. What about who eats the most or rolling the dice or who would be the toughest and able to handle it. I just can't fathom making that decision. I only have two but at times, I confess, I have thought about giving them back, only to find out that all sales were final. =) Just kidding! Uh...this models defective, can I get a new one? lol

Anyway, I came across this photo and it just got me to thinking about all that. Have a lovely weekend! I hope to be creating for my shop.

1 comment:

  1. Tammy,

    I agree with you...I cannot imagine doing that! I love the photo of your family...very handsome!

    annie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!