Friday, April 18, 2008

Small bits




Well, I have a whole mess of fabrics left over from various projects over the last several years and I just cannot part with the prettiest of them, so I decided to make a few things and these are what I ended up with. The first was a throw pillow for a little girls room with those good old fashioned paper dolls on the fabric. Then there were smaller bits that I used to create these heart door hangers for friends. Lastly, I have a large collection of vintage hankies so I took a couple of the hankies and made little pillow pouches to be placed inside anf filled with sachet scents and then just drew up the four corners and tied them off with a pretty ribbon.
For those without hankies, I came up with the same pillow pouches filled with sachet scents and then put them in organza jewelry puches. After pulling the pouch tight I made a bow with ribbon. These are nice to toss in the linen closet or in your drawers or in the out of season clothing bins.


3 comments:

  1. My daughter has pjs made from that same paper doll fabric, I love them so! Your journal came today and it is just lovely! Thank you so much!I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little pillows you made! Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy! Thank you so much for your sweet words about my blog!! I love yours as well and will have to add you to my list of places I love to visit ~ I love your etsy badge in you sidebar too! xxoo, Dawn (I love your little fabric creations....)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!