Monday, August 10, 2009

Creative idea goes awry.

I bought 4 canvases yesterday and 5 new tubes of paint with the anticipation of creating a beachy scene.
I gathered my paints, a rag, brushes and one of the canvases.
Well, as you can see my muse had other ideas. I think it is so funny how the creative process leads you along and not necessarily where you might have intended to go.
I was initially thinking of senset colors but this is what came about. Not even close to a beachy scene. The colors are there, yes but this is not where I wanted to go. Oh well, we adapt.
So after all of this I brushed on a layer of crackle paint and will let that dry over night. Tomorrow I will add some antique glazing to it and see what happens. Anyway, it is interesting what comes about sometimes when you just roll with it. Ever have that happen?
Have a lovely day,
Tammy

9 comments:

  1. wow!!! but it came out totally marvellous!! i love it! love the colors and the little circles :)) can't wait to see what other mischief your muse will be up to :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously pretty, Tammy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What came out is interesting... I am curious what the antique glazing will do, as I've never used it before. Hope you get something real cool. Usually artists best achievements happened as a mistake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous already - I can't wait to see what else you'll do with it. Isn't this creative process most mysterious sometimes? I love it!! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colors...love it, Tammy! Thanks for stopping be Love2...and leaving that nice comment. As far as the table color goes? I'm thinking of leaving the stripped wood with just a clear satin finish. The blue on the top is such a strong color, and when I wiped the wood down with a damp cloth, it has kind of a honey glow. I feel they will compliment each other very nicely...watcha think? *e*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty as it is, but will be curious to see when you do more now. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy
    It may not be what you had in mind but it really is beautiful. The colors are super. I hope you show it finished.
    Thanks for visiting me on my blogiversary. I hope you stop by on Tuesday too for the final day.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful picture! I love the way the color flows! This kind of thing happens to me all the time and I've just learned to go with it. That's usually when I make my best things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!