Saturday, January 15, 2011

A day at the shore poem

Okay I have been hosting Word Wednesday here for the past 2 weeks. This weeks challenge was to write a poem using as many or as little of the words from the list in this post. So after puling out my hair trying to complete my own darn challenge, here is what I came up with:A day at the sea shore where the sun warms the soul
and a bit of relaxation is always the goal
there by the harbor sits a child on a swing
watching the pelicans deep sea fishing
I see a little yellow boat about to set sail
the passengers hoping for a glimpse of the endangered blue whale.
I can hear leaves rustling in the wind
as I sit with the sunshine warming my skin
I watch as the seagulls frolic at the waters edge
it must be so nice to fly out to sea
and leave this land with not a single worry.

So I am not a poet and yes I know it. Sorry to be so lame but it is my game. Okay okay I am sorry to be dragging this on I'll just let it be. See see see.


3 comments:

  1. I think it is absolutely lovely and paints a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I think it is a wonderful poem...and you made me laugh at the end :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh....you captured the essence of a relaxing time daydreaming at the sea shore! I'm hopeless at poetry ~ you did so much better than I would!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!