Friday, February 15, 2008

TGIF


Yay, it's Friday! My second favorite day of the week. Well today I am buying some MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to make some more mixed media pieces. Hopefully I can create one or two this weekend. It is so much fun! Just let your imagination run wild while listening to your favorite music. Layer upon layer, telling a story. Conveying a message through imagery. It's very therapeutic. I am setting a goal for myself to submit at least one piece of art to Somerset magazine during the spring. They are like a decadent dessert. I love to make a cup of tea or coffee and sit in the corner of the couch with a throw and read every page and take in all of the beauty. It is a feast for the eyes and it spurs on creativity. I am always sad to finish one but I keep them all and refer back to them from time to time for inspiration. Well, back to work I go. Only dropped in to say ,"Hi" on my lunch hour. Hopefully I will have some new art to add to my shop and share here by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!