Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friendship quotes and a poem

I was thinking of how much fun it has been to meet so many wonderful blog friends and how fortunate I am to have the close friends that I have and so I did a quick search for some of my favorite quotes so I could share them with you. Here they are:
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."- Anais Nin
"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud."- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Happiness is time spent with a friend and looking foward to sharing time with them again."- Lee Wilkinson

Friendship's Flower© Helen Steiner Rice

Life is like a gardenAnd friendship like a flower,
That blooms and grows in beauty
With the sunshine and the shower.
And lovely are the blossoms
That are tended with great care,
By those who work unselfishly
To make the place more fair.
And, like the garden blossoms,
Friendship's flower grows more sweet
When watched and tended carefully
By those we know and meet.
And, if the seed of friendshipIs planted deep and true
And watched with understanding,
Friendship's flower will bloom for you.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous quotes...I collect quotes and think that some simply say so well what we are thinking in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!