Sunday, September 28, 2008

Help, I need a new background and matching banner

I am on the hunt for a special custom made blog background and a new banner to match. If anyone can suggest someone whom is not terribly expensive, please do. I wanted to wait and see if I was commited to this whole blogging thing before I actually paid for a background. As you can see the lovely ladies over at he http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ let me use this one for free. They have some of the cutest backgrounds over there but of course I am like my teenaged daughter right now and I want my very own identity, not something that someone else has. Sounds bratty, doesn't it?

Now that I have proved to myself (you can tell I'm a mom) that I am committed to blog land, I feel like I can actually have something special. It is so much fun finding kndred spirits who come from all over. I enjoy finding new blogs and reading the ones I have come to love. I do regret giving my blog my name, though. There are so many quaint names I could have chosen but who knew. I had read the first issue of Artful Blogging and was sold. Most of them were named after their creators and therefore, I thought I shoud do the same. Drats! There I go thinkin' again. Anyway, I was wondering if I could leave the addy the same but name my blog something else. What do you think? Please comment and please mention any pros and cons. Thanks a bunch!

Don't forget to leave a comment on my 100TH BLOG POST GIVEAWAY. I will draw a name Saturday, Oct. 4th. Good Luck!!

14 comments:

  1. Tammy, you could totally call your blog something different than your url. I've seen it done that way a few times. :o)

    If you go to my blog and scroll all the way down to the bottom, you'll see a box that says "Blogs by Danielle using images from Shabby Miss Jenn" - what I had done was I bought a package from SMJ and found I was in over my head. SMJ recommended Danielle to me to put all the elements together. However, Danielle also has a lot of nice packages too. Either way, it's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,

    You absolutely can have a different blog name than your website name. I wish I had done the same thing.

    Lots of ladies have two different names. Go for it.

    xo Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you from Miss Harris.
    I'm new to the blog world. I know how difficult it is to find free or affordable designs. It took my hubby several try's to put my background script in. Originally I found a designer...in the end I choose my own photos to create my banner for my blog. When it comes to a web page for my business I'll go back to the professionals. The best advice I got...REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN!
    Good Luck:)
    Have a *Sweet* Day!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy here's the link on my blog about your giveaway..

    http://espritdart.blogspot.com/2008/09/sprinkles-of-goodies.html

    There are so many people who do this and prices vary. I go to Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio for just about everything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, I think Gail does really nice banners...you can see her work here

    http://www.shabbycottagestudio.com/store/WsAncillary.asp?ID=5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Tammy! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I'm glad that you did! :)
    You asked who designed my blog, and I used Darcy from Graphically Designing . com. There's a butterfly button of hers on my blog you could also click on to get to her page. I loved working with her! She has all price points, so check it out.

    Also, I know several bloggers that left their blog address the same, and just changed the blog name. Just do a post with the name change and let your readers know to change it on their blog rolls also! Very easy!

    I'm off to check out the rest of your blog now!

    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammy,

    Yes I have seen that done too....however I like your blog name! Hope you had a good weekend!

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just putting in an "I third this" for Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio. She does lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, if you want to name your blog something else I think you should go for it. You can always have your name somewhere on your banner so that people still know it's you. You can also put a little note in your sidebar so that people will be aware of the change. Good luck and have fun!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for visiting my blog Tammy and what an amazingly small world it is! I absolutely adore your blog but understand your wanting to be unique. ;-)

    The link you left from where you "borrowed" your banner and background is magical - wow what a find!

    I'm a graphic artist by night (jewelry designer by day, hah!) and have such an admiration for true talent which they have.

    I think your name is quite whimsical as an image of pixie dust comes to mind when I read your name. I've known others to have a different blog title on their banner than their blog address so it's really up to you and what you're comfortable with.

    Thanks again for visiting and I'll be back to see what happens. ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame on me I missed it your celebration!! Congratulations!!! woohoo!!! Wow when you celebrate you go all out!!! Thank you for stopping by Wren Cottage :) and for sharing so much on your adorable blog, I HAVE to try the recipe for the pie!!
    I love Tiffany Jane's banners, she's at Beyond the Vintage Path on my "favorite places to visit" :)
    Have a great week sweetie!!
    Hugs~*~*~*~*~* Madai

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your banner and background, but if you want a change, Gail from www.shabbycottagestudio.blogspot.com made mine using bits of my work and she is VERY affordable and great to work with!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tammy,
    My blog is Pigment of Your Imagination, but my address is my name. I was afraid people wouldn't find me by the name of my business.
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!