Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My chauffeur

Well, I now have a chauffeur. Yep, my daughter is of the driving age and wants to drive myself and her father everywhere we need to go. This has turned out to be good quality time. I have her undivided attention. She is a good driver, so far. I say so far because she has only had her permit for 4 weeks now and we have yet to encounter winter weather or rain. Anyway, it is nice being taxied (sp?) around for a change. My vehicle is a 5 speed and I need to teach her how to drive that next. I believe everyone should know how to drive a stick. Especially at this age. God forbid she is out with friends and something happened that she had to drive and there was only a stick available. So, off we go for another spin. More errands to run. Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. A great time in life Tammy!! My oldest prefers to drive when he's home and I'm happy to let him (though I often have to remind him about his lead foot!). Youngest will be doing this soon and I'll have the added pleasure. It is great quality time with the kids isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are 3 and 4. Ahh, yet another thing to worry about in the future. I don't know how to drive stick. I've tried, but never worked out very well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just found your blog, so pretty. My Son will be 2o this year, but my Daughter is 13, she keeps reminding me 2 years and she can drive YIKES! I am not ready for my baby to drive yet : )
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant wait for my children to be my chaeuffer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's great, just don't forget that we all have two pairs of legs!
    Good for the environment, good for you. My family hail from Melbourne Australia, and don't use a car, instead preferring to use public transport, walk or cycle. Good for the environment, good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or should I say, 1 pair of legs! We'd all look a bit strange walking around with 4 legs wouldn't we? Tee hee. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!