Saturday, September 20, 2008

Victorian Inspired Wedding Guest Book






















This is a sampling of the 40 paged victorian inspired wedding guest book that I just completed and sent off to the lovely bride-to-be. She needed at space enough for at least 130 of her guests to sign, give advice, share amemory , etc. on. She also sent me the cover of an antique 1890's Scrapbook cover that she bought off of ebay to use. I created the pages with heavy watercolor paper that I tore the edges on. I connected the pages with strips of fabric hinging tape. Next I antiqued each page with tea stained ink and off I went to create the tags, cards and layout of each page. It was a lot of fun, a lot of work but a lot of fun. I used antique laces and some vintage ribbons and the postcards she sent along. I hope she likes it. It is unique and one-of-a-kind, an heirloom for sure.

8 comments:

  1. Definitely a OOAK heirloom keepsake!! The bride to be will love it -- you did a fantastic job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I would have loved a keepsake like that. You are so creative. Your work is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy - it's so lovely! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a great idea! Your book is wonderful, so creative and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, It's simply beautiful. So much love must have gone into this and I'm sure it will be cherished!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tammy,

    I just dropped by for a visit and found this post with your lovely work. What a very special project to be a part of!

    Congratulations, also, on the 100th blog post giveaway...I would enter, but that would feel greedy as I have so much pretty ephemera and paper already.

    Wishing you well,

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I am looking for a simular type of Guestbook for my wedding and I really like your style!

    How can I commission you to make one?

    email: aoconnor@sfsu.edu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in and saying hello. You have made my day! Enjoy yours!